How To Program RainBird EC Controller
How to program your RainBird EC sprinkler system timer the easy way.
In this step by step guide we’ll walk you through setting up your RainBird EC controller. We’ll go through everything you need to know to get your sprinklers running automatically.
Date & Time: The first step is getting your date and time set up. It should start with the year first.
- Flip the knob over to “Date/Time”
- Use the “+” and “—” arrows to adjust each time to where it needs to be.
- After you adjust your time click the return or enter button.
- It should automatically move you to the month, date, then time. Click the enter button after each entry.
- Flip to “Day Cycle”
Day Cycle: This timer has the ability to water on even days, odd days and odd days with months with 31 calendar days. You can also limit the amount of days you want the system to water per week here. We recommend choosing 7 days per week in this setting and adjusting your days in another place.
- Press the + button until you see the number 7. This indicates you may potentially water 7 days per week. But the days aren’t decided yet.
Water Days: This is where we set up what days we want to water. Also, why it was necessary to set up the date and time. Without that, our watering days could be off. The numbers represent each day. 1=Sunday
- Flip over to “Water Days”.
- Press the + sign on everyday that you want to water. You’ll see a square around the number of that day. This means you are watering, press enter.
- Press the — sign on everyday that you don’t want to water. You’ll see nothing around the number if you aren’t watering, press enter.
- Do this for every day of the week.
Start Times: This setting determines what time your sprinklers come on. The RainBird EC has four start times you can set up. If you use multiple programs we recommend not using the same start time for more than one.
- Flip the knob to “Program Start Time”
- Use the + and — signs to adjust the start time, press enter.
- Check the other start times to make sure they aren’t on if you don’t mean them to be.
- To turn a program off, adjust the time past midnight. There you will see three lines “- – -”. This means that program is off.
Run Times: This programs how long each zone will water your lawn.
- Flip the knob to “Station Run Time”
- Use the + and — signs to adjust the run time for each zone, press enter.
- You can have different run times for each zone, customize it suitable for your lawns needs.
- Flip the knob to “Run”
That’s it! Your Rainbird EC controller is fully programmed and will run automatically now. Sit back and relax.