How To Program RainBird ESP-TM2 Controller
How to program your RainBird ESP-TM2 sprinkler system timer the easy way.
In this step by step guide we’ll walk you through setting up your RainBird ESP-TM2. We’ll go through everything you need to know to get your sprinklers running automatically. One thing to remember, after you make a change to a setting it automatically saves.
Date & Time: The first step is getting your date and time set up.
- Flip the knob over to “Date & Time”
- Use the left and right arrows to move through the year and date settings.
- Use the up and down arrows to adjust each time to where it needs to be.
- Press the right arrow to get to the time settings and adjust.
Start Times: This setting determines what time your sprinklers come on. The ESP-TM2 has three programs you can set up. If you use multiple programs we recommend not using the same start time for more than one.
- Flip the knob to “Start Times”
- Use the right arrow to move through the different programs as shown on the left of the screen.
- Use the up and down arrows to adjust the start time.
- Move through each program to make sure you don’t have any unwanted programs running.
- To turn a program off, adjust the time before midnight. There you will see “OFF”. Each program you don’t want to use needs to be turned off.
Note: This controller has four other programs that it can run as well. A B C D. All of these programs can have custom settings that can be flipped to.
Run Times: This programs how long each zone will run for. At the end of setting up your run times it will tell you how long one cycle takes to complete.
- Flip the knob to “Run Times”
- Use the left and right arrows to flip through the zones. You’ll see the zone number on the left side of the screen.
- Use the up and own arrows to adjust the run time for each zone. You can have different run times for each zone, customize it suitable for your lawns needs.
Water Days: This is where we set up what days we want to water. Also, why it was necessary to set up the date and time. Without that, our watering days could be off.
- Flip over to “Water Days”
- Use the left or right arrows to flip through the days of the week.
- Press the “+” sign on everyday that you want to water and the “—” sign on everyday that you don’t want to water.
- Days that are watering will have a water drop.
- Days that you aren’t watering will have a circle with a slash through that water drop.
- Flip the knob to “Auto”
That’s it! Your RainBird ESP-TM2 is fully programmed and will run automatically now. Sit back and relax.